Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sonic screwdrivers and squareness gun!!!

OK, how cool is it that she has a sonic screwdriver that is just like the doctor's? Well, almost like the doctors. Anyway, she has a squareness gun!!! The doctor seems impressed but at the same time skeptical. She must be pretty special if he's willing to give her a souped up sonic screwdriver sometime in the future. Well, his future anyway. OK, here's the last of the dialogue I picked up from the episode.

Riversong talking to Donna, “You travel with him, don’t you. The doctor, you travel with him. Oh God, do I know that man. We go way back, that man and me. Just not this far back. He hasn’t met me yet. I sent him a message. But it went wrong. It’s arrive too early. This is the doctor in the days before he knew me. And he looks at me. He looks right through me and it shouldn’t kill me, but it does. Donna, You’re Donna, Donna Noble. I do know the doctor, but in the future. His personal future.” Riversong looks distressed when Donna asks why she doesn’t know her.

“Every shadow? So, what do we do? Run, run where? We’re not leaving you Dave. We could increase the mass density, dial it up 400 %. Make it a tougher meal. Gotcha (Raises sonic screwdriver) It’s a screwdriver. Yeah I know. Does that mean we can leave? I don’t want to hang around here. Shut up, Mr. Lux. He’s gone. He’s ghosting. Doctor don’t. Excuse me. Does it move any faster. See that wall behind you. Duck. (Squareness gun!!!!) Everybody out, go, go, move, move. You said they’re in every shadow? Run! So what’s the plan? Do we have a plan?” Doctor, “Your screwdriver. It looks exactly like mine.” RS, “Yeah you gave it to me.” Doctor, “I don't give my screwdriver to anyone.” RS, “I’m not anyone.” Doctor, “Who are you?” RS, “What’s the plan?” Doctor, “I teleported Donna back to the TARDIS. If we don’t go back there under five hour, emergency program 1 will activate.” RS, “and take her home, yeah.” Doctor, “She’s not there.” RS, “Well maybe the corners have slipped. The equipment is ancient.” Donna ends up as a node. RS, “How can it be Donna? How’s that possible? Doctor!!! Doctor, we’ve got to go know! Ends with Donna Node “Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved.” and Proper Dave Monster “Hey, who turned out the lights?” RS, “Doctor, what are we going to do?”

Of course, we know that Donna is saved and Riversong must know that Donna's fate was different than ending up as a node. She may be confused, but I say the Doctor's going to save the day. But, that doesn't let Donna off the hook. She still has "something on her back." Judging from Riversong's reaction, something bad must happen to Donna.

Episode - The Silence in the Library

No comments: